Two weeks into the MN NICE ( I've learned that here we say it like one word sounds like "mahnice" ) and I have to say it's been a whirlwind!
The first session was an overview the history of Imperial Chinese pottery, review of the get to know you assignment "If your house was on fire what 10 things would you grab as you ran out the door?" And a look at the first group's glaze test tiles.
The next day we visited the Frederick R. Weisman Museum of Art and discussed the Ceramic exhibition curated by Warren MacKenzie.
My meeting with the incredible Ursula Hargans set me on the first steps in my course and I am working with a fresh focus in the studio I share with 3 other Nice People.
During Week two we had a presentation by Gary Erickson of Macalester College of his travels in Jingdezhen, China and a hands on demonstration of underglaze decal applications. And back again to more time in the studio!

No comments:
Post a Comment